Call Your Insurance Company
- Is the <insert name of test> a covered benefit?
- What will be my financial responsibility?
- Is pre-authorization required for the test?
- Where can I have it done at in-network?
Is the <insert name of test> a covered benefit?
For the most part, this will almost always be a “yes”. We want to ask this question to confirm the test the doctor ordered for us will be covered by insurance. If it is not a covered benefit, then you will be responsible for all charges.
What will be my financial responsibility?
- “You are responsible for deductible and co-insurance.” If you’re told this, ask what your deductible is and what you’ve currently met. Also ask what is the co-insurance percentage.
- “You are responsible for your copay only.” If you’re told this, you will pay a fixed amount for the test. If you don’t know this amount, ask to confirm.
Call the testing facility for a quote